We went to the Highlands this weekend for a night on the town. At a ridiculous, too-loud karaoke bar, I experienced the first advantage of being a member of the fairer sex that I can recall.
There was a $7 cover. I didn’t have cash. There was an ATM inside so I asked if I could come right back up and pay him what I owed. I wasn’t trying to be coy or pull a fast one. He smiled and let me through for free. I stood there, a slack jawed fool. It took me a full 60 seconds to register this and walk through the door.
The next day, feeling the effects of being $7 richer, we ordered half of the menu at Taco Bell.
I’m documenting this so that the next time someone explains to me how much easier it is to be a girl, how we can cry our way out of speeding tickets, short-skirt our way to promotions and generally skate through life unscathed, I’ll remember the time I ate Taco Bell because a bouncer let me in for free.
This has been a story about feminism and fast food.
- yellowonesdontstop likes this
- umcanyounot likes this
- liveituptoyourdreams likes this
- tallgirltales likes this
- jumpingfeetfirst likes this
- everyday-k likes this
- ellegolightly likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- gatorgirlinthebay likes this
- dontgimmienolines likes this
- accidentalextrovert likes this
- maggie-explains-it-all likes this
- cadyheron said: you are my hero. Taco bell is my everything.
- cadyheron likes this
- reneenicolesays likes this
- inmyopinion likes this
- champagnetoasts likes this
- phillyfilly likes this
- valerina likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- thebaucompair posted this