We leave for family vacation tomorrow!
I have been so mentally preoccupied with one million work things and have forgotten to do the following:
- pack my stuff
- pack the dogs’ stuff
- do any laundry
- GET BOOKS
I am old school and have no e-reader. I go to the library and read books with pages.
Tell me some library books I can check out [editors note: my library doesn’t keep the most current books in the stacks—something about tax cuts and technology].
Terms & Conditions: I don’t do tween, I don’t care about a series, not into sci-fi, no Nicholas Sparks and I will not read 50 shades of anything while sunbathing next to my grandma. Exhibit A.
- yellowonesdontstop likes this
- caitofthenorthwest likes this
- everyday-k said: Swamplandia!
- everyday-k likes this
- existinthemoment likes this
- reneenicolesays said: the surrendered, wild, this is where I leave you
- reneenicolesays likes this
- ellegolightly said: NOOOOO I’LL MISS YOU! But read Cutting for Stone or Commencement or Middlesex because all were great.
- ellegolightly likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- tallgirltales likes this
- jenjiquinji said: Wild by Cheryl Strayed is amazing!
- phillyfilly said: heft [in case you haven’t read it!], the paris wife, zeitoun, aerogrammes is short stories written by a high school pal [getting rave reviews!]; anything curtis sittenfeld, esp the american wife. okaybyei’llmissyou!!
- excellenceasahabit said: Okay I really want to read The Paris Wife, too. I read The Last Son last summer and it is so good. Part thriller, part mystical, major suspense and great writing.
- nyclust said: Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flag, I Was Told There’d Be Cake by Sloane Crossley, My Life in France by Julia Child
- joannafreed said: no idea at all because i like anything that kills braincells and clearly you’re above that (eyeroll) but have SO MUCH FUN and i have a crush on you
- joannafreed likes this
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- cadyheron said: anything by David Sedaris. He is so HILARIOUS, from North Carolina, and each chapter is a different short story (aka great vacay read!)
- heather-amber said: Mary Kay Andrews! Her books are great vacation reads and all take place in the south!
- live-to-the-point-of-tears said: Authors to look for: Joan Didion, Junot Diaz, Lorrie Moorie, Hemingway (Garden of Eden, Sun Also Rises, Moveable Feast), Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men or All the Pretty Horses), Nicole Krauss (History of Love), Raymond Carver short fiction
- babytakesmanhattan likes this
- lifeinthebluehouse said: You should stop by my house. You can take any or all!
- lifeinthebluehouse likes this
- babytakesmanhattan said: paris wife!
- thebaucompair posted this