We celebrated our anniversary this weekend in Asheville.
Though Atlanta really feels like home to me, there was an odd comfort I felt being back in North Carolina.
As soon as we arrived downtown to unbutton our pants and get our eat on, we witnessed an across-the-intersection drug deal. Oh Asheville, stop being such a stereotype.
We ate lunch at Tupelo Honey and it was amazing as anticipated. My favorite part of the meal was the homemade bread with blackberry jam and honey. It was, as my family calls them, a cat head biscuit. [poll: does anyone else use this term, or is it a my bumpkin family thing?]
And then, per my suggestion—a true shock to Joe— we went hiking. We did not get lost, though I did hint at us losing sight of civilization and landing a spot on I Shouldn’t be Alive, a show that someone like me has no business watching. That was the point at which we decided to follow other people. Smart move.
We had dinner at The Market Place and a rooftop nightcap at Scazorac’s. Two thumbs up for both. On the way home, we stopped at a mom and pop produce stand and picked up some veggies and sick amounts of ‘cue with VINEGAR BASED SAUCE. I wanted to bathe in it.
And I only mentioned how much I missed the dogs like maybe twice.
Great weekend, great fellow.
- yellowonesdontstop likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh said: You guys are so cute!!
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- socalledlife likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- lifeandpictures likes this
- jelizabethl likes this
- whiteleatherpalace likes this
- graceinplace likes this
- petermcallisterthefaather said: I was in Asheville this weekend too. We actually had brunch at Tupelo Honey yesterday. Funny!
- tinsely likes this
- gasp-shock likes this
- norlypleaseexcusethemess likes this
- brklyn likes this
- thelifeandtimesofenc likes this
- maggie-explains-it-all said: Y’all are so cute!
- maggie-explains-it-all likes this
- meredithisaleo likes this
- littlemiss-melly likes this
- alliinminny said: love your dress. you’re gorgeous!
- alliinminny likes this
- addicted2fashion likes this
- perkieandmowgli likes this
- happyhumanscribblings likes this
- georgiegirlnyc said: Love the dress!
- tallgirltales likes this
- ashleymdavis likes this
- stickyheel5 likes this
- divinesecrets likes this
- allidoiswatchthesky likes this
- heylaney likes this
- everyday-k said: PRESH. And please tell me you also went to either LAB or Asheville Brewing Company (amazing pizza)
- everyday-k likes this
- lifeinthebluehouse likes this
- umcanyounot likes this
- presentlyk said: My family totally uses the term cat head biscuit!
- presentlyk likes this
- quarterlifecoe likes this
- pinotandthefig likes this
- champagnetoasts likes this
- phillyfilly said: hot mcbody!
- phillyfilly likes this
- siximpossiblethingsforbreakfast likes this
- cadyheron said: adorbs
- sequinsandsideeye said: STOP IT! Y’all are so damn cute. And forreal, lets get drinks and harass joe sometime next week, k?Oh and the cat biscuit thing is weird and def. a bumpkin thing! :)
- cadyheron likes this
- jumpingfeetfirst likes this
- missjacobi likes this
- valerina said: Stop it with the cuteness you are killlingggg meeeeeeee
- sequinsandsideeye likes this